AL!VE is the essential professional resource and advocate for those who engage, motivate, and celebrate volunteers and their vital contributions to our society.
We Value Our Service by:
• Providing excellence in service, adhering to the ethics we promote, and exemplifying competence, quality standards and credibility within the profession.
• Being “on the pulse” of our professions by defining and following best practices, identifying current and future trends, encouraging the use of newest technology and providing access/links to cutting edge resources.
• Relevancy, progression and having impact within our profession.
• The promotion of learning and growth through training, connection of resources and providing forums for thought leadership to meet the needs of multi-level expertise within our membership.
We Value Collaboration by:
• Investing in the future of volunteerism through capacity building and being strong and viable in the communities we serve.
• Honoring current relationships within the field and building new ones.
• Building alliances that encourage innovation, creativity, vision, and passion.
• Being fluid and flexible in our approach with other organizations.
We Value Stewardship by:
• Diversity, inclusiveness, sensitivity and accessibility.
• Governing our organization with integrity and accountability by incorporating sustainable practices, both philosophically and financially.
• Building effective leadership on a local, statewide and national level and collectively influencing decisions that affect our profession.
We Value Our People by:
• Attracting, retaining, fostering and honoring the best and brightest talent.
• Engaging and recognizing the talents of volunteers in the mission and work of our organization.
• Open, proactive, transparent communication through being visible to all members.