Trainings and Webinars
Previous Training Topics:
AL!VE provides access to various training and networking opportunities for the volunteer engagement professional.
AL!VE WEBINAR TRAININGS
The AL!VE Webinar Training Series provides high-quality, affordable educational opportunities specifically designed to assist leaders in volunteer engagement in building and strengthening their leadership, management and technical skills. Throughout the year, AL!VE features webinar workshops on a wide variety of topics, conducted by world class trainers. As new classes are scheduled, they will be added to the AL!VE website and featured in future communications. The cost of the webinars will vary depending on the topic and the presenter, but the majority are FREE for AL!VE members, or $20 for members and $40 for non members. We encourage you to JOIN AL!VE to save 50% off our webinars and to take advantage of member roundtable series.
More topics will be added this year; be sure and check the calendar for details. Would you like to suggest a topic? Email us.
AL!VE MEMBER ROUNDTABLES
- Professional Development in Volunteer Leadership: Reading, Writing and Making Waves with Susan Ellis
- Spring Cleaning: Revisiting Your Professional Competencies with Katie Campbell
- Building a Best Practice Volunteer Program with Martin Cowling
- Leading Volunteers and Measuring their Impact with Rick Lynch
- Using Social Media for Your Volunteer Program with Nancy Macduff
- Train the Trainer: Polish Your Training Style and Increase your Influence with Jennifer Flowers
- Important Competencies of the Volunteer Resource Manager - AL!VE Member Forum
- Moving your Role from Manager to Leader of Volunteer Engagement with Jill Friedman Fixler
- Risk Management and Your Volunteer Program with Pamela D. Robinson
- Creating Partnerships that Work - AL!VE Member Forum
- Effective Engagement of Skill-Based Volunteers with Brian Ogle
- Strategic Use of Volunteer Program Audits - AL!VE Member Forum
We also offer training opportunities through our AL!VE Member Roundtable Series, a small, interactive and idea sharing forum specifically designed to benefit leaders in volunteer engagement. The Roundtable offers our members a way to gain new perspectives and learn practical ideas while networking with other AL!VE members. Throughout the year, AL!VE will feature forums on a wide variety of topics, facilitated by experienced peers in the field of volunteer engagement. See our calendar for the next regional roundtables.
Benefits of attending an AL!VE Regional Roundtable:
AL!VE & BETTER IMPACT HYBRID CONFERENCE
This option is for volunteer association groups that are looking for training options for its members. AL!VE is proud to partner with Better Impact for four 90 minute presentations from dynamic, knowledgeable, and engaging trainers streamed live to your local group. A local facilitator guides group discussions in concert with the trainers. Your group provides a location with access to a high speed internet connection, a screen, a local facilitator, handouts, and lunch/snacks for your group. Your group can determine the fee you charge for your local attendees.
Check back here for information on the 2017 Hybrid Conference.
To see information about the 2016 Conference, click here.
- Networking and relationships with fellow AL!VE members
- AL!VE will become a tool for YOU and members to participate in conversations relevant to the field
- Easy access to contact information of other members
- A chance to connect, share best practices and challenges with peers
- After each Roundtable, recordings of the call and any handouts related to the meeting will be placed on the members section of the AL!VE website. We highly encourage you to participate in each meeting as it is happening “live”, but if you should miss a meeting it will be there for you to review when you are able
OTHER TRAINING OPPORTUNITIES
AL!VE also supports training that enhances the nonprofit sector and members' professional development. Visit our general AL!VE calendar for additional training and conference opportunities and submit upcoming training and conferences in your area.