Mission, Vision and Values
AL!VE serves to enhance and sustain the spirit of volunteering by fostering collaboration and networking, promoting professional development, and providing advocacy for leaders in community engagement.
- Professionals in volunteer management and engagement
- Advocates for the recognition and appreciation of volunteer management
- The resource for and the link to tools, research, and best practices
- Educators of decision makers in all volunteer management arenas
- Influencers for redefining job descriptions, compensation, and the position of volunteer manager in our organizations
- Diverse, inclusive and member driven
AL!VE is the essential professional resource and advocate for those who engage, motivate, and celebrate volunteers and their vital contributions to our society.
We Value Our Service by:
We Value Collaboration by:
- Providing excellence in service, adhering to the ethics we promote, and exemplifying competence, quality standards and credibility within the profession.
- Being “on the pulse” of our professions by defining and following best practices, identifying current and future trends, encouraging the use of newest technology and providing access/links to cutting edge resources.
- Relevancy, progression and having impact within our profession.
- The promotion of learning and growth through training, connection of resources and providing forums for thought leadership to meet the needs of multi-level expertise within our membership.
We Value Stewardship by:
- Investing in the future of volunteerism through capacity building and being strong and viable in the communities we serve.
- Honoring current relationships within the field and building new ones.
- Building alliances that encourage innovation, creativity, vision, and passion.
- Being fluid and flexible in our approach with other organizations.
We Value Our People by:
- Diversity, inclusiveness, sensitivity and accessibility.
- Governing our organization with integrity and accountability by incorporating sustainable practices, both philosophically and financially.
- Building effective leadership on a local, statewide and national level and collectively influencing decisions that affect our profession.
- Attracting, retaining, fostering and honoring the best and brightest talent.
- Engaging and recognizing the talents of volunteers in the mission and work of our organization.
- Open, proactive, transparent communication through being visible to all members.