Membership in AL!VE
Membership is open to any individual or group utilizing volunteers or interested in the field of volunteer engagement. Members range across many different types of organizations, all with the same purpose in mind: to address community needs by leveraging the power of volunteers. Membership is renewed annually based on the date of enrollment. Learn more about member benefits below.
Member benefits include:
- Free admission to AL!VE Academy Webinars, held monthly on topics relevant to Volunteer Engagement Professionals. Content with a DEAI focus will be presented quarterly that will be free to anyone, whether member or not. Members can also view more than 50 recorded AL!VE Academy presentations on the members only website.
- Monthly Member Newsletter: Member focused content with information for the profession, upcoming events, news for the field, and more!
- Emerging Leaders Mentoring Program: Members are paired with an experienced Volunteer Engagement Professional for a prescribed six month mentoring experience. Learn more about the mentor program here.
- Communities of Practice: Members can participate in a cohort of professionals in similar program focus, such as food banks, museums, healthcare, animal welfare, and more. Learn more about Communities of Practice here.
- CVA Study Group: The CVA (Certification in Volunteer Administration) is an internationally recognized professional certification. The certification is provided twice a year. AL!VE Members can join a Study Group that will meet weekly for several weeks before the exam period to review study resources, participate in peer discussions, and provide support and networking.
- CVA Discount: AL!VE Members enjoy a 10% discount on the Exam Fee ( a $50 savings)
- Leadership Development: Opportunities to serve on a committee, board or other programs to enhance professional development, advocacy, and networking for the Volunteer Engagement Professional on a national level.
- Member discount to attend individually to our annual Volunteer Managers Hybrid Conference, held in October.
- Networking opportunities on a local, state, national or program based focus via our searchable member database.
How We Are Addressing Equity For Our Peers:
We are offering a 'Pay What You Can' option for peer equity for individual memberships only, for one year of membership. We invite you to visit this page about Embracing Equity to thoughtfully consider your payment options. Members can also contribute to an equity fund to provide memberships for our peers. These options will be available for selection when you register as a member.